- Superior Court of the District of Columbia, Law Clerk to the Honorable Fern Flanagan Saddler
- Community and Economic Development Law Clinic, Student Attorney
- Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County, Law Clerk
- Ballard Spahr LLP, Real Estate Paralegal
Washington, DC Office
Airial Smith is an associate who represents public housing authorities and developers engaged in complex real estate development transactions involving a wide variety of funding sources, including low-income housing tax credits and public housing funds. She also advises clients on entity formation, corporate governance, and regulatory issues concerning affordable housing development.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Representing a Georgia developer converting 93 public housing units to Section 8 Project-Based Rental Assistance under the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program.
- Representing a New York housing authority in a RAD/Section 18 conversion and substantial rehabilitation of 99 public housing units.
Awards, Community And Professional Activities
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
(202) 349 2671
American University Washington College of Law, J.D.
- Editor, American University International Law Review
University of Maryland College Park, B.S.