Nashville, TN Office
Chelsea’s practice focuses on general commercial real estate transactions with an emphasis on affordable housing development. Prior to joining R&C she served as a Vanderbilt Public Service Fellow at Southeast Louisiana Legal Services in New Orleans where she advocated for Fair Housing issues, contributed to the nation’s first Assessment of Fair Housing, and collaborated with community stakeholders seeking to further fair, affordable, and healthy housing in New Orleans. She also advocated for the Fair Housing rights of low-income clients with disabilities and defended low-income clients from evictions and subsidy terminations.
Selected Recent Transactions
- Closed four Habitat for Humanity homeowner transactions.
- Represented a nonprofit land trust in a loan closing with a community nonprofit.
- Advised an environmental nonprofit on tax-exempt entity issues.
- Represented affordable housing developers in applications to HUD for Transfers of Physical Assets and Housing Assistance Payments Contract Assignments.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Vanderbilt Public Service Fellow- Housing Attorney, Southeast Louisiana Legal Services
- Summer Associate, Reno & Cavanaugh
- Irish Centre for Human Rights, Research Assistant
- American Law Institute, Copyright Research Assistant
Awards and Professional Activities
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trusts, and Estate Law
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Managing Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law
- Associate Justice, Vanderbilt Moot Court Board
- Treasurer, Women Law Students’ Association
- Class Representative, Vanderbilt Bar Association