Columbia, MD Office
Christopher O’Mahoney is an associate with the Columbia office of Reno & Cavanaugh whose practice focuses on the acquisition, construction, and refinancing of multifamily housing.
Selected Recent Transactions
- Assisted in representing lenders refinancing mortgaged debt for multifamily housing projects in various states using FHA-insured financing in the 223(f) and 223(a)(7) programs.
- Assisted in closing a construction project in Wisconsin with HUD-insured financing pursuant to a 221(d)(4) loan involving a master lease structure.
- Assisted in representing the lender refinancing mortgaged debt pursuant to HUD’s 232/223(f) LEAN program for a long-term care facility in Michigan.
- Assisted in representation of real-estate developers in the refinancing of multifamily and mixed-use properties.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A., Associate
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Sean D. Wallace
- Professor Walter E. Effross, Professor of Law American University Washington College of Law, Dean’s Fellow
Awards and Professional Activities
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trusts, and Estate Law
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association