Nashville, TN Office
Houston Howell is an associate practicing in the area of commercial real estate advising clients on buying, selling, leasing, and financing, with a particular focus on representing non-profit and for profit groups developing affordable housing. Houston’s clients benefit from his deep understanding of commercial real estate transactions, title, and environmental law developed over years of practice in both the private and public sectors.
Selected Recent Transactions
- Represented a Nashville-based developer in closing HUD insured loans and local tax exempt bonds for the development of a 280-unit affordable housing project.
- Represented a Nashville-based non-profit in refinancing an affordable multi-family apartment building.
- Served as local counsel to a Seattle-based real estate investment firm in its acquisition of a 100-unit apartment complex in east Tennessee.
- Closed a sale/leaseback transaction for a large commercial office building.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Attorneys Title Company, Inc., Associate
- Tennessee Department of Transportation, Assistant General Counsel
- Tulane Environmental Law Clinic, Student Attorney
Awards and Professional Activities
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association