Washington, DC Office
Jonathan Flugstad is an associate whose practice is focused on commercial real estate transactions and the representation of public housing authorities and investors in multifamily affordable housing developments. He brings significant regulatory experience to the firm, having represented builders and developers in the preparation and filing of real estate offerings with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and various state regulatory agencies.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Carmel & Carmel, P.C. – Represented real estate developers and investors in the development and marketing of luxury and mixed-use, commercial, residential and resort properties; Advise on the creation of (and conversion to) condominium or cooperative forms of ownership; Advise developers and builders on Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act, Truth in Lending Act and Federal Housing Act compliance matters.
- Aman Law Firm, P.A. – Representation of homeowners and lenders in all aspects of foreclosure and mortgage loan workouts; Assisted in the representation of real estate private equity fund’s acquisition of distressed commercial real estate assets; Successfully represented commercial tenant in appeal to the Florida Second District Court of Appeals; Organized and executed collection efforts on behalf of large master-planned communities.
Awards, Community, and Professional Activities
- Member, Real Estate, Housing and Land Use Community
- Member, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Member, Florida Bar Young Lawyer’s Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Division
- Volunteer Legal Intern at Gulf Coast Legal Services in Tampa and Bradenton, Florida
- Volunteer Legal Intern at the Community Law Program, St. Petersburg, Florida
- “Clean-up Clearwater”
- Volunteer with CAN Futbol Foundation, Inc., a Tampa, FL based non-profit that seeks to empower youth through soccer and education