Joseph R. Prochaska
Nashville, TN Office
Joseph R. Prochaska is Of Counsel at Reno & Cavanaugh whose practice encompasses bankruptcy and creditors rights, consumer financial services, commercial litigation, and appellate litigation. Joe Prochaska is an experienced bankruptcy and creditors right’s attorney. He protects the rights of secured lenders and unsecured creditors, including representing lenders in the reorganization and sale of distressed businesses. Joe established important precedent which have created the framework for the enforcement of the rights of lenders in Tennessee in bankruptcy and receiverships cases involving apartment complexes, hotels and shopping centers. Joe He focuses on finding creative solutions for financially troubled real estate transactions on behalf of lenders, landlords and developers.
- In re: Lingham Rawlings, LLC, 2010 WL 3490204 (Bankr. E.D. Tenn. 2010);
- Tidewater Finance Co. v. Kenney, 531 F.3d 312 (4th Cir. 2008);
- In re Long, 519 F.3d 288 (6th Cir. 2008);
- In re: Ballard, 526 F.3d 634 (10th Cir. 2008);
- In re Commissary Operations, Inc., 421 B.R. 873 (Bankr. M.D. Tenn. 2010);
- In re J.P. Realty, II, Inc., 2003 Bankr. LEXIS 1719 (M.D. Tenn. 2003);
- In re: AVN Corp., 235 B.R. 417 (Bankr. W.D. Tenn. 1999):
- In re: Pine Manor Rest Home, 131 F.3d 136 (4th Cir. 1997)
- Bankruptcy Law Update, ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting, April 7, 2010;
- Tennessee Real Property Foreclosures: Tips and Traps for Tennessee Attorneys, October 2, 2009;
- Foreclosure in Tennessee, Lorman Education Services, May 12, 2009;
- Motions for Relief from Stay, Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, April 23-25, 2009:
- House and Home Together: New Regulations, Legislation and Strategies in the Wake of the Subprime Meltdown, ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting, April 11, 2008;
- Representing Secured Creditors in Bankruptcy, ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting, April 11, 2008;
- Examination of the Relationship between Article 9 and the Bankruptcy Code, National Business Institute, December 7, 2007;
- Secured Creditors Best Practices Workshop, National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees Annual Meeting, June 29, 2006;
- Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Issues in Tennessee, National Business Institute, April 12, 2006;
- Hottest Issues in Bankruptcy Law, ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting, April 3, 2006;
- Overcoming the Challenges of Complex Bankruptcy Cases, National Business Institute, December 7, 2005;
- Foreclosures and Repossessions in Tennessee, Lorman Education Services, September 28, 2005;
- Bankruptcy Law and Procedure from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, March 2, 2005;
- Foreclosures and Repossessions in Tennessee, Tennessee Real Estate Practice Institute, December 10, 2003 and December 14, 2004.
- Reaffirmation or Redemption: The Second Circuit Speaks, American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, November 1997.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Prochaska, Quinn & Ferraro, P.C., Shareholder/Managing Shareholder, Nashville, Tennessee,1991 to 2018;
- Farris Warfield & Kanaday, Nashville, Tennessee, 1987-1991
Awards, Community Activities and Professional Activities
- Certified as a Business Bankruptcy Law Specialist, American Board of Bankruptcy Certification, 2005 to present.
- Listed in Super Lawyers for the Mid-South, 2008 to present.
- Member, Committee on Chapter 7 of the American Bankruptcy Institute Commission on Consumer Bankruptcy, 2017-2019.
- Chair, American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Consumer Bankruptcy Committee, 2005-2008
- Chair, Bankruptcy Disaster Relief Working Group, American Bar Association, Business Law Section, 2005-2007.
- Chair, Creditors Auxiliary, National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees, 2006-2011.
- Member, Tennessee Water and Wastewater Financing Board, 2003-2011.
- McCabe Park Little League, Board Member, Treasurer and Game Scheduler, 2004-2010.
- Board Member, Tennessee Environmental Council, 2003 to 2019.
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop Committee and Troop Committee Chair, 2011-2017
- Tennessee Delegate, Southern Growth Policies Board, 1991-1993.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D. 1987
- Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Journal of Natural Resources Law
- Note, Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compacts, Spring 1986
- Haverford College, B.A. Economics, 1982