- Representation of developers in the District of Columbia and across the country in mixed-use, mixed-credit, and mixed-income projects that include market-rate and affordable residential components as well as retail and other uses, including projects subject to ground leases from local governments and other public entities, and utilizing low-income housing tax credits, tax-exempt and conventional debt, and other private and public capital sources, and assisted by project-based HAP contracts and other similar rental assistance.
- Representation of the purchasers of various apartment projects subsidized by various housing agencies including USDA Rural Development, HUD, and state tax credit agencies.
- Representation of a California housing authority on the residential and commercial aspects of the major redevelopment of a 700-unit public housing project into a 1,400 unit-mixed use development combining affordable and market-rate housing, parks, community amenities and commercial and retail space.
- Representation of public housing authorities in public housing conversions and financing under HUD’s Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program.
Washington, DC Office
Matthew Greeson is a member who focuses on complex real estate transactions with an emphasis on mixed-use transactions that combine commercial space with affordable and/or market-rate residential units. He represents developers, property owners, investors, landlords, and tenants in the negotiation of a wide variety of real estate instruments including ground leases, governmental disposition agreements, purchase and sale agreements, leases, and other related agreements. Matt closes transactions employing public-private partnership initiatives for acquisition and development and utilizing low-income housing tax credits, tax-exempt and conventional debt, and other private and public capital sources.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP, Associate
- ABA Affordable Housing and Community Development Forum
- DC Building Industry Association
- Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers (HAND)
- Virginia Housing Alliance