N. Linda Goldstein
Washington, DC Office
N. Linda Goldstein serves as Senior Counsel at Reno & Cavanaugh who has experience with housing and economic development and public/private ventures. She has specialized knowledge concerning U.S. government programs impacting housing, economic development, sustainable development, renewable energy, commercial development in underserved communities and emerging areas, the Community Reinvestment Act and community development financial institutions. Linda has experience in all aspects of real estate law, including acquisition, financing, leasing and debt restructuring.
- Counseling clients regarding joint ventures: economic development, business transactions and large-scale mixed-use and mixed-income development
- Offering regulatory expertise to clients regarding HUD programs, including guidance to owners, developers, lenders and entities of local government
- Repositioning HUD M2M projects
- Guidance for clients concerning 80/20 financing
- Repositioning HUD-insured nursing homes
- Advising clients concerning energy-related issues, including energy performance contracts
- Counseling clients with respect to sale or acquisition of HUD-insured and assisted multifamily properties
- Negotiating Power Purchase Agreements: solar facilities
- Counseling clients with respect to mandates of the Community Reinvestment Act and with respect to formation and operation of community development financial institutions
- Counseling clients with regard to real estate transactions: office, retail, “for-sale” and multifamily housing
- Advising clients using the New Markets Tax Credit program and EB5 program
- Guidance concerning construction and permanent financing for multifamily and mixed-use transactions
Speaking Engagements/ Publications
- Speaker, Presentation of the National Leased Housing Association “Green/Energy” Committee–(HUD’s emerging initiatives to tackle its $7 billion energy bill and city initiatives to leverage public benefit monies for sustainability initiatives), Washington, DC, June 2013.
- Speaker, “The Greening of HUD”, National Leased Housing Association Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, June 2012.
- Author, “Looking to the Future–The Heat Is On: Trimming HUD’s Energy Bill for Public and Privately Owned Assisted Housing”, in Navigating HUD Programs: A Practitioner’s Guide to the Labyrinth, ed. Julie S. McGovern and George L. Weidenfeller (American Bar Association Press), May 2012.
- Speaker, “The Federal Role at St. Elizabeths and Economic Revitalization East of the River”. East of the River Committee Seminar. Washington, DC. February 2011.
Author, CRA Fair Lending Handbook, Warren Gorham & Lamont, 1997.
Awards, Community and Professional Activities
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Board, National Leased Housing Association
- Co-chair, Green/Energy Committee, National Leased Housing Association
- Executive Council, District of Columbia Building Industry Association (DCBIA), 2011-2015
- Co-Chair, East of The River Committee, DCBIA, 2000-2015
- Executive Committee, DCBIA, 2004-2010
- Vice President, DCBIA, 2005-2007
- Board, DCBIA, 2000-2010
- Board of Trustee’s, National Housing Conference
- Chair, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, American Bar Association (ABA), 1997-1998
- Member, Governing Committee, ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, 1993-1997
- The District of Columbia Bar (Member, Real Estate Section)
- American Bar Association (Member, Real Property Section)