Seth B. Zirkle
Nashville, TN Office
Seth B. Zirkle, an associate at Reno & Cavanaugh, focuses his practice on commercial real estate and business transactions. Seth has broad experience in representing diverse clients in all areas related to the acquisition, development and disposition of property and various business interests.
Selected Recent Transactions
- Representation of commercial clients in the planning and implementation of numerous real estate transactions, including the acquisition and sale of property and leasehold interests.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the development and disposition of a residential subdivision in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
- Representation of housing authorities in mixed-finance transactions including tax-exempt bond financing, low income housing tax credits, HOME funds, and private lender financing
- Representation of commercial landlords in the leasing of properties.
- Representation of individual and commercial clients in land use matters, including ground leases, resolution of title defects, easements, rights-of-way, boundary line disputes and zoning at the municipal and county levels.
- Representation of a multi-state property management firm in its receivership of commercial properties in the Baltimore area.
- Representation of a Baltimore-area community bank in its maintenance and disposition of real estate.
- Representation of a national investment and asset management firm in its acquisition and disposition of real estate.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Hyatt & Weber, P.A., Annapolis, MD – Associate, 2010 – 2014
- City of Annapolis Office of Law, Annapolis, MD – Legislative and Policy Analyst & Attorney, 2008 – 2010
Awards, Community and Professional Activities
- Member, District of Columbia Building Industry Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Nashville Bar Association
- Commissioner, Prince George’s County (Md.) Human Relations Commission, 2014-2015
- Order of Barristers, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2006
- Mills Fellow in Religion, Wabash College, 2004
- Undergraduate Fellow, The Forum for Theological Education, 2001
- Instructor, Title Law in Tennessee: The Law of Real Estate Titles, National Business Institutes Seminar, Nashville, Tennessee, December 2016.
Instructor, Advanced Real Estate Transactions: Ethical Considerations, National Business Institutes Seminar, Nashville, Tennessee, April 2017.
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., Honors in Health Law
Yale Divinity School
Wabash College, A.B., cum laude
- Admitted to the Maryland Bar
- Admitted to the Tennessee Bar
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.