- Associate, High Swartz, LLP – Represented clients in commercial and residential real estate acquisitions; drafted and negotiated real estate contracts; assisted and represented clients with property tax assessment appeals and exemptions, zoning and land use approval for commercial and residential development projects, landlord-tenant, transfer tax, and federal, state and local tax issues.
- Senior Foreclosure Litigation Specialist, Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC – Managed and reviewed contested foreclosure files to ensure compliance with investor and state guidelines; reviewed pleadings for allegations of state or federal regulatory violations; provided recommendations for settlement offers.
- Senior Foreclosure Litigation Specialist, Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority – Drafted memoranda, declarations of taking and motions, contracts, deeds and licensing agreements related to eminent domain issues in accordance with Pennsylvania Urban Redevelopment Law.
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development – Provided legal advice, counsel, and representation to the Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity division concerning complaints alleging housing discrimination.
Washington, DC Office
Sireen Tucker is an associate whose practice focuses primarily on affordable housing development, including counseling housing authorities on a variety of real estate related matters. She represents housing authorities, developers, nonprofits and joint-ventures in structuring and closing varied mixed-finance and affordable housing transactions.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Presenter, “Using RAD to Preserve Affordable Housing,” Homes within Reach Conference, Harrisburg, PA (December 2017).
- Presenter, “Property Taxes, PILOTS and Exemptions,” ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, Washington, DC (May 2016).
- Volunteer and Instructor, IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Wills for Heroes, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Liberty and the Law, Montgomery County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trusts, and Estate Law
- Member, Women in Housing and Finance of Pennsylvania
Temple University Beasley School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D.
Saint Joseph’s University, M.S. in Criminal Justice
Temple University, B.A. in Sociology
District of Columbia