Washington, DC Office
Sireen Tucker is an associate at R&C whose practice focuses primarily on affordable housing development, including counseling housing authorities on a variety of real estate related matters. Sireen represents housing authorities, developers, nonprofits and joint-ventures in structuring and closing varied mixed-finance and affordable housing transactions.
Major Prior Work Experience
- High Swartz, LLP, Associate - represented clients in commercial and residential real estate acquisitions, drafted and negotiated real estate contracts; assisted and represented clients with property tax assessment appeals and exemptions, zoning and land use approval for commercial and residential development projects, landlord-tenant, transfer tax, and federal , state and local tax issues.
- Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC, Senior Foreclosure Litigation Specialist - managed and reviewed contested foreclosure files to ensure compliance with investor and state guidelines; reviewed pleadings for allegations of state or federal regulatory violations; provided recommendations for settlement offers.
- Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority, Legal Intern - drafted memoranda, declarations of taking and motions, contracts, deeds and licensing agreements related to eminent domain issues in accordance with Pennsylvania Urban Redevelopment Law.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Legal Intern - provided legal advice, counsel, and representation to the Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity division concerning complaints alleging housing discrimination.
- Presenter, Using RAD to Preserve Affordable Housing, Homes within Reach Conference, Harrisburg, PA, December 2017.
- Presenter, Property Taxes, PILOTS and Exemptions, ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, Washington, D.C., May 2016
Awards, Community, and Professional Activities
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program Instructor, 2016 & 2017
- Wills for Heroes, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2012 & 2014
- Liberty and the Law, Montgomery County Bar Association, 2014 – 2015
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trusts, and Estate Law
- Member, CREWDC
- Member, Women in Housing and Finance of Pennsylvania
Temple University Beasley School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D.
Saint Joseph’s University, M.S. in Criminal Justice
Temple University, B.A. in Sociology
- District of Columbia
- Pennsylvania Bar