- Representation of the U.S. General Services Administration in the ground leasing of The Old Post Office Building in Washington, DC to the Trump Organization to convert into a luxury hotel.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the development of a collegiate housing project.
- Representation of owners and tenants in leasing of office space.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the acquisition of prominent office buildings.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the refinancing and redevelopment of its property.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the re-development of L’Enfant Plaza, a mixed-use project in Washington, DC.
- Representation of the National Children’s Museum in the development of a museum at National Harbor.
- Representation of a shopping center developer in the acquisition and financing of Georgetown Park Mall in Washington, DC.
- Representation of a transit-oriented real estate development company in connection with the acquisition, financing and development of a phase of a mixed-use project located adjacent to a Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Metrorail Station.
- Representation of real estate developers in the acquisition, financing and development of mixed-use projects in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Representation of a real estate developer in connection with the re-development and ground lease of a Washington, DC, office building.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the assemblage, financing and development of properties for two luxury brand hotels in Washington, DC.
- Representation of a major national retailer in its acquisitions and leasing in the DC metropolitan area.
- Negotiated agreements in connection with the development of major mixed-use projects, including Gallery Place in Washington, DC and National Harbor in Maryland.
Barbara Wachter Needle
Washington, DC Office
Barbara Wachter Needle, a Member of Reno & Cavanaugh, focuses on commercial real estate transactions–including acquisitions, sales, development, financing, re-structuring and leasing matters–and on business transactions, including stock and asset purchase or sale transactions. She has extensive experience advising clients on creative and practical solutions to business issues. Barbara has represented owners in the sale of a variety of businesses, including: an architectural firm, a sports club, and some medical practices and service businesses. Barbara also frequently serves as local counsel on multi-state transactional matters.
Selected Recent Transactions
Prior Work Experience
- Arent Fox LLP, Washington, DC – Partner, June 2007 – October 2010
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi, LLP, Washington, DC – Partner, 1995-2007, Associate, 1990-1995
- Leva, Hawes, Mason and Martin, Washington, DC – Associate, May 1986 – April 1990
Community Activities and Professional Activities
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Member, District of Columbia Building Industry Association (DCBIA)
- Member, National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO)
- Member, Alley to the Valley
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Bar Association
- Advisory Board, Business and Professional Women, Division of Women’s Philanthropy