- Represented seller in the sale of partnerships owning multifamily affordable housing complexes consisting of 288 units.
- Represented seller in the sale of membership interests of company owning a 90-unit multifamily affordable housing complex.
- Represented developer in the acquisition and construction of a 37-unit housing complex for low and moderate income seniors with LIHTC financing.
- Represented lender financing construction of 64 rental unit project.
- Represented developer in the acquisition and rehabilitation of a low income residential housing project consisting of 48 units in six residential buildings.
- Represented developer in the acquisition and rehabilitation of a low income residential housing project consisting of 24 units in six residential buildings.
- Represented borrower refinancing a 240-unit multifamily residential housing complex.
- Represented borrower in the purchase of general partnership interests and refinancing of 100-unit multifamily housing development.
Nashville, TN Office
Chalie Nocera utilizes his diverse business and legal experience to assist clients with complex real estate transactions. He assists in all phases of real estate development, including due diligence review, loan document drafting and negotiation, and loan closing relating to property acquisitions, financing and dispositions.
Chalie has worked on the developer side of mixed-finance transactions involving agency loans and tax credits. In addition, he has drafted and reviewed ground lease agreements to facilitate the development of affordable apartment communities.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Attorney, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Internship, Nashville Predators General Counsel Office
- Summer Honors Program Legal Intern, United States Securities and Exchange Commission
- Associate, J.P. Morgan
- Corporate Development Program, J.P. Morgan
- Corporate Development Internship, J.P. Morgan
- ABA Young Lawyers Division
- Real Property Trust and Estate Law
- Business Law Section
- ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- TBA Tax Law Section
- TBA Real Estate Law Section
- TBA Business Law Section
- Northeast Conference Academic Honor Roll
- Dean's List Recognition Award
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
The University of Alabama School of Law, LL.M.
Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- Law and Business Certificate
The College of New Jersey, B.S. in Business Administration
- Minor in Law, Politics, and Philosophy
New Jersey Bar