- Representation of developers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and across the country in mixed-use projects that include market-rate and affordable residential components as well as retail and other uses, including projects subject to ground leases from local governments and other public entities, and utilizing low-income housing tax credits, tax-exempt and conventional debt, and other private and public capital sources, and assisted by project-based HAP contracts and other similar rental assistance.
- Representation of the purchasers and sellers of various apartment projects subsidized by various housing agencies including USDA Rural Development, HUD, and state tax credit agencies.
- Representation of public housing authorities in major redevelopment initiatives including new construction, public housing conversions, and financing under HUD’s Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program.
Washington, DC Office
Matt Greeson is a Member who focuses on complex real estate transactions, including transactions that combine affordable housing, market-rate residential, and commercial uses. He represents developers, property owners, investors, landlords, and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of a wide variety of real estate instruments including debt and equity instruments, ground leases and other conveyance documents, governmental disposition agreements, purchase and sale agreements, leases, and other related agreements. Matt closes transactions employing public-private partnership initiatives for acquisition and development and utilizing low-income housing tax credits, tax-exempt and conventional debt, and other private and public capital sources.
Major Prior Work Experience
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP, Associate
- ABA Affordable Housing and Community Development Forum
- DC Building Industry Association
- Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers (HAND)
- Virginia Housing Alliance
- AAREP DC, March 30, 2023, "Legal Panel: Zoning, TOPA, and More!" featured speaker
- Bisnow, July 28, 2022, “DC Affordable Housing Summit” moderator
- NH&RA, June 6, 2022, “Southwest DC Spotlight” panelist
- Housing Association of Non-Profit Developers (HAND), June 3, 2021, “Creating Options for Seniors” moderator
- Bisnow, April 23, 2020, “Maintaining Affordability During the Coronavirus” moderator
- Housing Association of Non-Profit Developers (HAND), April 14, 2020, “Soup-to-Nuts: Year 15 and Year 30 Preservation Strategies, Structures, and Financing” moderator
- DC Building Industry Association, October 1, 2019, “Opportunity Zone 101” presenter
- Virginia Housing Credit Conference, September 25, 2019, “Best Practices for Mixed Use Developments” presenter